On Thursday, August 21, Zix will host our first-ever Twitter chat from 1:30-2 p.m. CDT!
@ZixCorp is teaming up with ZDNet’s Ken Hess to discuss BYOD (bring-your-own-device) considerations and best practices. This is YOUR opportunity to share thoughts and ask questions around BYOD challenges, opportunities, employee buy-in and anything in between.
Our VP of Marketing, Geoff Bibby, will ask questions from our @ZixCorp Twitter handle. Our featured panelist, Ken Hess (@kenhess), who tackles BYOD and the consumerization of IT for ZDNet, will also be available to answer questions and guide the conversation. While Geoff and Ken weigh in on questions, it’s up to YOU, the participants, to keep the chat going. If you have an opinion, a story or advice of your own, share it with us!
A Twitter chat is an online conversation that takes place among a group of people on Twitter about a specific topic of interest. A hashtag is used to keep track of the conversation. For this chat, we will use #BYODInsights. You will need a Twitter account to participate.
Thursday, August 21, from 1:30-2 p.m. CT.
Can’t make it? We’ll be providing a recap, so check back on the blog!
We recommend using a tool to help you keep track of the chat all in one place. With tools like TweetChat or TweetDeck, you can see the real-time conversation of all tweets with the #BYODInsights hashtag. Login with your personal Twitter account, and you will be able to post all of your tweets directly from the site.
Another way to track the chat is by searching #BYODInsights in the search bar at the top of the Twitter homepage.
BYOD is full of twists and turns — with a variety of devices, new threats, many use cases and more solutions (approaches instead of solutions?) than ever before. This is a great opportunity to talk with peers and experts about what’s on your mind.
- Make sure to follow the host, @ZixCorp, since we’ll be asking most of the questions that you don’t want to miss!
- You’ll also want to follow your featured panelist Ken Hess (@kenhess), since he’ll be sharing his expertise on BYOD.
- Make sure you use the hashtag #BYODInsights in all of your tweets. This ensures that your tweets will be aggregated into the chat stream and people will know you’re participating.
- We will be asking designated questions throughout the chat. Our questions will start with a “Q” and the question number. Our questions will also be IN ALL CAPS, so that they are easily distinguished from the other tweets in the stream.
- Be respectful of other participants. Differing opinions are always OK, but express your feelings in a courteous manner.
- Retweet great comments and engage with other participants.
Hope to see you there!